With less than five minutes to go until EA's E3 2018 Press Conference, we thought now would be as good a time as any to give a little run-down of what we're expecting (and/or hoping) to see.
- Already announced, EA will obviously be going into more detail with Battlefield V.
Definitely more Star Wars.
- EA has already killed Visceral Games, so open-world Star Wars games are left hanging. Battlefront II suffered some poorer reviews in the beginning, and EA have been trying to right those wrongs, but something new and fresh may just be what we're needing from EA with Star Wars.
- Due to launch in 2019, Anthem was officially announced at last year's E3. We expect there will be more information, as well as a decent amount of gameplay. Bioware have been hit with some negative press recently due to the Tweets of two employees (although I think one has now been terminated?) mocking the death of John "TotalBiscuit" Bain. Despite the comments being strictly denounced as not being the views of Bioware as a whole, a lot of angry fans called for boycotts of Anthem. I'm sure they will be looking to gain some public support after this.
EA Sports Line up.
- We know what to expect here. Even with the addition of things like story mode in FIFA, this section always plays out fairly similarly each year. FIFA, NFL, Madden, these will all get a significant portion of the conference.
- Really hope to see more from EA in terms of Indie games. Unravel was a favourite of ours, and we'd love to see something else that gets such a positive reaction.
What are you expecting of EA's Press Conference?
Let us know in the comments below!
- V x